Our health correspondent Alan Bellinger ran two health webinars last week; the first was on Varicose Veins and, if you suffer from them (or know someone who does) then please have a look at the video of the webinar – it’s from a top London Consultant and is a real eye-opener. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oXOT8iTE4
Mr Jeremy Crane dispelled five myths:
- Varicose Veins are only cosmetic – no, they can be both painful and serious
- Nothing can be done to cure VV – there are lots of treatments available and a lot you can do to help yourself
- VV Treatment is painful – it used to be but not any longer
- VV are strictly a women’s issue – definitely not! And
- Crossing your legs causes VV
We also hear about another webinar, all about diabetes and mental health and hear about Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.