About Radio Verulam:
Radio Verulam is the local, community radio station for St Albans and surrounds, broadcasting 24 hours a day on 92.6FM and online. It is run as a, not for profit company and is predominantly volunteer-led, with around 90 current volunteers providing everything a radio station needs to be on the air, including creating and broadcasting original content which covers various genres of music, speech, arts, current affairs, topical discussion, and news.
Our mission is: To enhance the daily lives of all sections of the community in our area by providing news, information and entertainment.
Our vision is: To become a widely known and listened to local radio station and internet presence, both of which are recognised within and outside the local community as a professional, engaging and useful service and to form a significant part of the fabric of life in the area, embraced by businesses and individuals.
Overview of a interviews coordinator: To identify guests and contributors, assess their suitability for Radio Verulam programmes and book them into the interviews calendar.
- Manage inbound studio emails
- Help in centralising the booking system for interviews and be the contact point
- Liaise directly with relevant producers or presenters from shows to ensure compliance to the process, minimise conflict of interest scenarios
- Assist with any social media training or production training (he’s very insightful, sharp and efficient)
- Undertaking general research for programmes
- Administrative duties
- Research and prepare material for shows, including arranging guests and interviews
- Maintaining up-to-date contact lists
- Archiving details of calls for phone-ins and competitions
- Archiving past programmes
- Booking resources, facilities, studio time and equipment
- Editing audio packages with digital editing software
- Assisting with time-keeping and the recording of transmissions
- Supporting the production team, working with presenters at the time of broadcast
- Liaising with publicity departments about programme trailers and competition prizes
- Coordinate, organise and manage your everyday tasks to maintain the smooth running of the programme.