About Radio Verulam:
Radio Verulam is the local, community radio station for St Albans and surrounds, broadcasting 24 hours a day on 92.6FM and online. It is run as a, not for profit company and is predominantly volunteer-led, with around 90 current volunteers providing everything a radio station needs to be on the air, including creating and broadcasting original content which covers various genres of music, speech, arts, current affairs, topical discussion, and news.
Our mission is: To enhance the daily lives of all sections of the community in our area by providing news, information and entertainment.
Our vision is: To become a widely known and listened to local radio station and internet presence, both of which are recognised within and outside the local community as a professional, engaging and useful service and to form a significant part of the fabric of life in the area, embraced by businesses and individuals.
Overview of presenter: To be one of the voices on 92.6FM Radio Verulam, with a friendly and engaging attitude to entertain and inform our listeners
- Responsible for reporting and covering events in St Albans and a 10-mile radius
- You will be talking to a wide range of people, so your content needs to be fun and fresh, or informative and appealing
- Help with planning and sourcing local, relevant interviews
- Provide content for programmes that could be general daytime ‘magazine’-style music shows or ‘specialist’ programmes that deal with a particular area of interest – such as sport, parenting, business or the environment
- Research and prepare material
- Come up with interesting ideas for features
- Keep manager informed of stories in development
- Work with presenters and producers at the time of broadcast
- Work closely with other volunteers – other reporters, producers, presenters and interview coordinators – on programmes
- Coordinate, organise and manage your everyday tasks to maintain the smooth running of the programme.
- Create programme reads, trail programmes, audio clip interviews and share through social media – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Ensure through the delivery of your content, Radio Verulam remains an accessible, inclusive and diverse station representative of the communities the station serves